Monday, August 29, 2005

Homeless in the Information Age

So I'm here in the Detroit Metro Airport, hunched against a brushed-aluminum pillar sharing the only open outlet for five miles with a man I just met named Rob. Rob teaches English (shock!) in Taipei, which is the next stop after Kansai Airport- my destination in a scant sixteen hours. He's tapping away on his Mac, I'm tapping away on my PC, and it's like a little tent city has sprung up around our source of free power. Through nefarious Macintosh means, Rob has secured for us a wireless connection, through which I talk to you, hunched over my laptop and cautiously keeping an eye out for airport security. Those TSA guys take a dim view of electronic gypsies.

In that vein, I'll leave it there. Greetings and salutations from the Terminal.

1 comment:

Dockett said...

If you're reading this, you've:
A)Made it on a plane
B)Made it to Japan
C)Had a cup of coffee
D)Figured out the internet
Congrats! Hope all is well. Ganbate!