Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Everywhere you look...

A trend I've noticed for awhile now is that Japan seems permanently stuck in a through-the-looking-glass twisted version of America, circa 1989. The mullets are proof, the helter-skelter neon/punk/goth/tight jeans/high socks/whatever ya want-style fashion is proof, and the latest and greatest piece of evidence is this:

Right now, as you read this, Full House is being aired on NHK,the government-subsidized national broadcast channel. It's being aired in it's original order, episode by episode, and it's incredibly popular. Today, at school, my students asked me about this "new American show." Want to break some hearts- both student and teacher? Tell them that the little Olsen twins are all grown up. They didn't believe me at first, so I called upon the collective might of you, the Internet Folk, to show them the way.

The truth hurts. I immediately regret my actions, and confess my sins to the Internet public.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you really want to shatter the image of "Full House", show them the episode of "Entourage" that Bob Saget guest-stars in.

http://www.hbo.com/entourage/episode/season02/episode13.html

Anonymous said...

Are you going to be there in the Spring? I am planning a return trip just after Golden Week in the Spring.

-PropWash