Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Let's Enjoy Internet by 100-yen coin!

No, honestly, that's what the scrolling text at the top of my screen says AT THIS VERY MOMENT. This missive is coming to you courtesy of the coin-operated '@station'- yes, a coin-operated computer- next to the Starbucks in Osaka Itami Airport. Osaka Itami looks exactly like every other airport I've seen- a large, neutral-white waiting area filled with expensive restaurants serving cheap food. This isn't, unfortunately, the airport built on an artificial island- that one's about a half-hour to my south.

The giant bright spot in all of this is that I was, by pure chance, lucky enough to score a seat on the PokePlane. The jet I'm about to board is painted- every inch- in bright, happy Pokemon characters... my ADD is screaming for mercy.

Gotta go- I promise, there will be pictures of the Pokeplane. Call it a promise.

No comments: